How about this for an attention grabber….FREE training! Do you know it is out there and how to access it?
One positive trend that we have noticed throughout 2020 and that has continued into 2021, are the training opportunities available virtually. Take advantage of these!
Skill building provides recent experiences you can highlight on your resume or in an interview, and it diversifies your current abilities. We have listed a few options for free training below as a starting point, but do not let that stop you from looking for other opportunities!
Some Examples of Free Training Opportunities
Trinity Safety & Training has multiple free safety trainings that are as short as 15 minutes, and as long as 60 minutes. Trainings Include:
- Wire Rope Rigging Inspection and Replacement
- Aerial Boom & Scissor Lift Pre- Shift Inspections.
- Crane and Hoist Hand Signals.
- Occupational Health And Safety Awareness for Supervisors in 5 Steps
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 steps
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety is another site that offers free online health and safety education. Trainings Include:
- Mental Health Awareness
- Violence in the Workplace
- Pandemic Planning
- WHMIS* (listed as a $10.00 course, but it is actually free! Later on in the registration process it explains that.)
Alberta Construction Safety Association is offering free Construction Safety Training Systems! This is a longer course that you can expect to take a few hours.
ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership provides a variety of free webinars, workshops and handouts in the areas of leadership, and workplace performance. Topics include:
- Mental Health
- Effective Communication Skills
- Stress Management
- And many more!
Get Started Today!
Quint’s Core Neighbourhoods at Work program offers support to access these trainings and will help seek out other opportunities related to your employment goal.
Contact us today: 306 978 4041