To reduce poverty in Saskatoon and surrounding regions by fostering community economic development through financing opportunities.
Vibrant, healthy communities are built by everyone’s efforts. As a community economic development (CED) organization, our values are:
- incorporation of both economic and social goals;
- inclusion of marginalized groups and individuals, those who are often excluded from participating fully;
- socio-economic and cultural understanding;
- development of an “enterprising culture” based on a philosophy of self-reliance, creativity and innovation;
- cooperation, equity and equal opportunity.
Board of Directors
- Tim Quigley, retired law professor, (Chair)
- Paul Wilkinson, retired community developer (Vice Chair)
- Len Usiskin, Executive Director of Quint (Secretary Treasurer)
- Don Kossick, producer
- Laverne Szejvolt, retired, former Director of Operations at Quint
- Jacqui Barclay, Street Outreach Health Worker
Our Partnership with Quint
Since 2012, Community First has been providing financial supports for Quint’s Affordable Housing and social enterprise development initiatives in the west side core neighbourhoods of Saskatoon.
Suite 101, 1120 20th Street West
Office Hours: M-F 8:30-4:00
Quint acknowledges that we are on Treaty Six Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. Treaty 6 encompasses the traditional territories of numerous First Nations, including Cree, Dene, Nakota, Saulteaux, and Ojibwe and the homeland of the Métis Nation. We are dedicated to ensuring that the spirit of Reconciliation and Treaty 6 is honoured and respected. We pay our respect to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another.